Podium Advanced Technologies awarded ISO 27001:2017 certification
Pont Saint Martin, 20 November 2019 – Podium Advanced Technologies has been awarded by TÜV SUD Group the Information Security Management System UNI CEI EN ISO/IEC 27001:2017 certification.
With so many industries now relying upon the internet and digital networks, more and more emphasis is being placed today on the technology portions of ISO standards.
In particular, the ISO 27001 standard is designed to function as a framework for an organization’s Information Security Management System (ISMS). This includes all policies and processes relevant to how data is controlled and used.
Ownership of ISO 27001 is actually shared between the ISO and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), which is a Swiss organization body that focuses primarily on electronic systems.
For those organizations who are looking to be best-in-class in this area, ISO 27001 certification is the ultimate goal. In certain projects, that involve handling of highly sensitive classifications of data, ISO 27001 certification is a requirement for customers and other third parties. Specifically, the certification proves to customers, governments, and other relevant bodies that the organization as a whole is secure and trustworthy.
Podium Advanced Technologies deployed the ISO 27001 standards fully, throughout the whole organization, even exceeding certification minimum requirements in areas such as:
– Asset Management, where processes have been defined involving the management of data assets and the way they should be protected and secured, ensuring full data integrity.
– Access Control, limiting employees’ access to different types of data and information, setting individual access privileges both to data and to physical areas in the company.
– Physical and Environmental Security, securing buildings and internal equipment, including offices and data centers.
– Operations Security, defining procedures on how to collect and store data securely, with full compliance to the stringent General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
– Information Security Aspects of Business Continuity Management, defining procedures to handle effectively business disruptions and major changes.
This Information Security Management System UNI CEI EN ISO/IEC 27001:2017 certification is a major step forward in providing PODIUM ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES customers with excellent service not only in design and innovation, but also ensuring the highest safety, confidentiality and business continuity standards.